Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dr. Waheed to come back to serve the people

Dr. Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik, key personality working to establish the political party National Alliance has revealed that he has finally made up his mind to give up his current UN job and return to Maldives to serve the people. Dr. Waheed is a former MDP member who contested for the party presidency at the second congress of the party.

Speaking to Miadhu Daily from abroad Dr. Waheed said he will make a decision on whether to compete in the oncoming presidential elections or not only after his arrival .
“I can tell you how it is very clearly, I have not yet made any decision whether to stand elections or not, I will make a decision only after going to Male’ and after considering the support I have, I would also like to discuss it with my supporters before making such a decision” said Dr. Waheed who also a former MP for Male’

In addition Dr. Waheed pointed out that it is a bit early for him to make a decision on standing elections as he is due to arrive in Maldives in late May this year. He also noted that the ongoing constitutional reform is also not completed.

“I will be there in Male’ in late May, for me it’s a bit early to make an announcement on standing elections, main reason is constitutional reform is not complete as yet, transitional discussions only began recently, it will not be wise to make a decision without taking all this in to consideration” said Waheed.

No comments: